Re: who -functions in 3.2.x?

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: who -functions in 3.2.x?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:37:42 +0100

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Svante R Signell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 11:20 +0100, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
>> How do you define user-defined? For Octave, functions are just files
>> on the path, including library functions.
>
> I meant .oct, .mex and .m files used in a simulation setup.

There is, AFAIK, no simple way to tell what functions are called in a
particular script, if that's what you mean.
The lookup function table is a global pool. In principle, you can list
all symbols used in an already parsed function, but you can't tell
apart functions from variables.

> (If I would define user-defined it would be files along current path
> excluding system paths)

The system paths are available via pathdef(). So you can query path(),
extract just the user paths, and query for whatever files you like in
there, using glob or readdir.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer