Re: Sharing scripts

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: Sharing scripts
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 02:06:19 -0700 (PDT)

MathCloud wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thank you for trying MathCloud. I am excited about the fact that you are
> considering this for your teaching. It is a perfect application where you
> can upload and share data and scripts ahead of the class.
>
> There are still bugs that needs to be fixed and more features that will be
> added, any feedback is welcome.
>
> You can load your file Nerlove.m into workspace by typing:
> "load Nerlove.m"
> The data in the file will then end up in the variable "data".
> Type "who" to check for the variable "data".
>
> You did succeed in load your file nerlove.data, it is just that in the
> "Current Directory" I only list m-files and mat-files. I will probably
> change this. To see your files type "dir" in the command line.
>
> You can load the data in nerlove.data by typing:
> "load nerlove.data"
>
> Best regards,
>
> Anders
> MathCloud.se

Hi Anders,
I was not able to get this to work. Nerlove.m is an Octave script, which
loads the data file in one of its lines (using "load nerlove.data;"). I
expected that if I call this script from the prompt, then it would get
executed, but it seems not to be the case. What is your preferred method of
getting feedback - email, or a post to this thread? Thanks, Michael