Re: saving plots

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: saving plots
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:29:36 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Sorry my not conprehesive writting

'help print' says

 -- Function File:  print ()
 -- Function File:  print (OPTIONS)
 -- Function File:  print (FILENAME, OPTIONS)
 -- Function File:  print (H, FILENAME, OPTIONS)

****
 -- Function File:  print (FILENAME, OPTIONS)
can be used for print a figure to a file.
****
Further in help print says
**************
    `-dDEVICE'
          Output device, where DEVICE is one of:
         `ps'
         `ps2'
         `psc'
         `psc2'
               Postscript (level 1 and 2, mono and color)

         `eps'
         `eps2'
         `epsc'
         `epsc2'
               Encapsulated postscript (level 1 and 2, mono and color)

         `tex'
         `epslatex'
         `epslatexstandalone'
         `pstex'
         `pslatex'
             :
**************************

-dDEVICE should be used to specify file output (e. g. eps, png,jpeg.
The term 'DEVICE' is to be changed according to file format.
If you want to output figure in a png file.

print ('foo.png', '-dpng')

The above can be written

print -dpng  foo.png

as Martin wrote