Re: Error installing octcdf-1.0.17 for octave 3.2.3

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: Error installing octcdf-1.0.17 for octave 3.2.3
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:17:35 +0100

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 08:32:54PM -0800, xnand wrote:

> Thomas Weber-8 wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 08:01:40PM -0800, xnand wrote:
> >> Hi Thomas.
> >>
> >> Through package manager, octave-forge was installed in which the octcdf
> >> with
> >> previous version was there. Now, it is not possible to uninstall octcdf
> >> without removing the octave-forge.
> >> Any other suggestion?
> >
> > File a bug at Redhat (or where you got the octave-forge package). The
> > whole point of splitting up the monolithic octave-forge build was the
> > abilitiy to install single packages.
> >
> >     Thomas
>
> Hi Thomas.
>
> Should I uninstall the octave-forge through package and then install it
> again through source code. So, I can later install the latest octcdf
> version?

This depends on the layout of the octave-forge package from you package
manager. I *assume* it's some sort of meta package, pulling in all the
other small octave-forge packages. In that case, it should be possible
to remove it first, then remove octave-octcdf and then install the
latest version via pkg.m.

Again, where did you get the octave-forge packages from?

        Thomas