Re: a cs-list cannot be further indexed

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: a cs-list cannot be further indexed
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 07:06:09 +0100

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:23 AM, xnand <address@hidden> wrote:

> Jaroslav Hajek-2 wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:51 PM, xnand <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> For
>>>  cdf{'ensemble'}.FillValue_ = fillValue;
>>> I get the error:
>>> error: a cs-list cannot be further indexed
>>>
>>> Any help?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Nands
>>

>> IIRC this bug is fixed when octcdf is built against the development
>> sources.
>>

>> --
>> RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
>> computing expert & GNU Octave developer
>> Aeronautical Research and Test Institute (VZLU)
>> Prague, Czech Republic
>> url: www.highegg.matfyz.cz

> Dear Sir.
>
> I am new to Octave. Could you please tell me exactly what am I supposed to
> do, to get rid of this error?

The bug is (partially) in Octave, so you need to build Octave from
sources in order to get rid of this problem.
The procedure is roughly:

1. install Mercurial, git, BLAS, LAPACK
2. optionally install SuiteSparse, fftw, FLTK, OpenGL, pcre, libcurl, qhull
then do
hg clone http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave
cd octave
./autogen.sh