Re: compiling octave problems

From: KeithG
Subject: Re: compiling octave problems
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:34:23 -0800 (PST)

I am also having trouble compiling 3.3.50 on Ubuntu 9.10.

I have added the 3.0 octave sources like this:

sudo apt-get build-dep octave3.0
sudo apt-get install libftgl-dev

and configuring with:

sudo ./configure prefix=/usr/local/octave3p2 --with-g77=gfortrain
--without-qrupdate

(found here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1232497)

even if I run the normal ./compile and make, I get stopped at a point it is
looking for a texi file.

it stops and asks for inbut looking for a configure.texi file or something
like that. I will post the exact error when it pops up.

I cannot use the pre-packaged version in Ubuntu as it seems to be missing
the dlmread function which I need for my script. If there is another
soultiuon that allows me to use the dlmread function that doe snot require
all this bleeding edge stuff, please let me know. Current in Ubuntu is 3.0
and 3.2, I believe.