Problem running code segment with F9

From: sidewinder77
Subject: Problem running code segment with F9
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 06:01:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
Just started using Octave and am getting on ok however I seem to be running
into a strange problem, not sure if this is a bug.  I have some fairly
standard (I think) code.  From my days with Matlab I am used to being able
to highlight sections of the code and run just that section using F9.

This works if I select a single line of code, however if I select more than
one line, I get the error

error: invalid character `â' (ASCII 226) near line 217, column 44
parse error:

>>> clear all

load ground11.dat
x = 64;
y = 8;
z = 8;

This error was generated when I tried to F9 the following selection

clear all

load ground11.dat
x = 64;
y = 8;
z = 8;

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?  Thanks in advance.
Joe

[edit]Just thought I should mention I am running qtOctave on Arch
linux[/edit]