movavg function input variables

From: Tim Rueth
Subject: movavg function input variables
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:32:12 -0800

The help file for the movavg(asset, lead, lag, alpha) function says it calculates the leading and lagging moving average of an asset.  I'm not clear what I'm suppose to provide as arguments for this function.  I just want a moving average of an array of numbers.  I guess this is simple enough that I can write that function myself, but I'm curious what is a leading versus a lagging moving average, and what am I suppose to enter for the asset, lead and lag input variables?

Thanks,

--Tim