Re: Building Standalone Executables

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Building Standalone Executables
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:21:10 +0100

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Tim Felty wrote:
David, thanks for the help.

I've been working on the code and I'm running into an error on my computer.
It says

"error: No space left on device
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'octave_execution_exception'
way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

This seems to be caused by my calling of do_octave_atexit()

Calling do_octave_atexit doesn't clean up everything. You should call
clean_up_and_exit instead.
But the error is weird anyway. I get no problems running your code.
Probably something specific to windows, or to older versions if you
have one. It might also depend on what packages you have installed.

I haven't tested your code sample yet, but I'm stating a guess here:
On windows the octave setup uses gcc's shared libgcc and libstdc++. This is necessary to propagate exceptions across dll boundaries. Otherwise errors like the one you describe (i.e. an exception being thrown) leads to abnormal program termination (even simply loading a .oct file *not* linked against shared libgcc will fail).

So even a standalone executable will need the shared libgcc and shared libstdc++. mkoctfile *should* take care of that. Perhaps there is something wrong here wieh linking executables.

Can you post the output of mkoctfile when called with "-v" as verbose flag?

benjamin