Re: Mathworks-hosted GPL'd software

From: WS
Subject: Re: Mathworks-hosted GPL'd software
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:31:29 +0000 (UTC)

José Luis García Pallero <jgpallero <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is the time of Octave-Forge repository.

Sourceforge is a little bit of a pain to use. Also, for the sake of distributing
a simple 20 line script, octave-forge has too much infrastructure be worth
figuring out.

I would love to see something more freewheeling where registered users can just
put up a file with jumping through a bunch of hoops.  If it looks worthy, then
incorporate it into core or octave forge.

I wonder if a simple github repository, where there is a directory per each
contributor?  Not that I am volunteering, or anything..