Re: Mathworks-hosted GPL'd software

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Mathworks-hosted GPL'd software
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:41:39 -0800 (PST)

--- On Fri, 2/12/10, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Mathworks-hosted GPL'd software
> To: "Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Friday, February 12, 2010, 11:44 AM
>     At last one person was
> affected:
>
>      http://www.aravind.name/matlab-code-relicensed-under-bsd-license
>
> Would you like to write to him about this?

Was the "affected" person unaware of the possibility to create an open
source project under his favorite license (apparently, GPL) under the
auspices of sf.net or berlios.de or some other hosting provider ?

If the guy want his name to be associated with Mathworks, he should play
by Mathworks rules.

This whole "issue" looks like a non-issue to me.

Regards,
  Sergei.