Script undefined error

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Script undefined error
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:59:39 -0500

On 10-Feb-2010, David Aldrich wrote:

| Hi
|
| My script calls another script in a lower directory:
|
|         cd( [resData(resList(indTest)).dir '/Sweep0'] );
|         pwd
|         dir
|         starInfo;              <==== line 74
|         traceData;
|         cd(thisDir);
|
| Under certain project configurations I get the error:
|
|     error: `starInfo' undefined near line 74 column 2
|
| However, the 'dir' command shows at runtime that starInfo.m is definitely
present. I am wondering whether there could be a file permissions problem.

Did you look at the file permissions?  What are they?

| Can you think of any subtle conditions when I might get this error, apart
from the obvious one where the file is not present?

| I am running Octave 3.2.3 on Centos 5.

If you think you've found a bug in Octave, then please send a
complete bug report to the address@hidden mailing list.  You'll need
to include enough information for someone to reproduce the problem.
Otherwise, we don't really have anything to work with and would just
be guessing, which usually is a waste of time.

jwe