debugging gnuplot interaction problem

From: Dupuis
Subject: debugging gnuplot interaction problem
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 08:51:36 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm trying to find the cause of a problem, which seems to occur inside
octave when using gnuplot multi-plot mode (octave hold on/hold off command)
and multi-bytes fonts(utf8, set for gnuplot through .Xresources). I tested
gnuplot legacy (4.2) as well as 4.4rc-1 and 4.5 and got the same results. As
usual, simple graphs inside octave appear as expected, but more complex ones
generate a lot of errors, like f.i.
multiplot> et origin 0, 0
           ^
           line 2: invalid command

I've noticed that the function gnuplot_drawnow (in
/usr/share/octave/3.2.2/m/plot) can duplicate the commands sent to gnuplot
into a file by using the function fifth argument. How can I get a trace of
everything which was sent to gnuplot ? Can this fifth argument be set before
gnuplot is started by octave?

Regards

Pascal