Re: plot orientation feature; plot filling page

From: KeithG
Subject: Re: plot orientation feature; plot filling page
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 21:43:56 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to do the same thing and am a bit confused. I have the latest
windows package 3.2.3. I have updated a couple scripts based on some bug
reports I have found. Specifically, I have grabbed a later plotyy.m from the
3.3.50 release and that fixes the plotyy bug where it would resize the plots
if the axes were scaled. I have downloaded the latest orient.m that has the
"orient tall" feature. So, at this stage, I am back where I was with the
3.2.0 version in that I can generate a PDF plotyy, but I would still like to
expand the graph to fit the PDF page. As it is now, I get a landscape page
orientation in the PDF and the vertical information fills the 8.5" height
dimension of the page reasonably, but the 11" width dimension is not filled
and the aspect ratio looks more like a portrait orientation of the graph
placed on the landscape paper orientation. Is there a simple way to adjust
this that I am not getting?

I create the graph using something similar to this:

plotyy(x,y1,x,y2);
orient landscape
print -landscape test_plot.pdf

The gnuplot looks fine but the pdf does not fill the page very well.

Keith