Re: Greek letters in Plot (octave 3.2 on Ubuntu 9.10)

From: Fredrik Lingvall
Subject: Re: Greek letters in Plot (octave 3.2 on Ubuntu 9.10)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:16:30 +0100

I also have this problem but only with the (gnuplot) x11 terminal. Try

export GNUTERM=wxt

and then start octave.

/Fredrik

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Lorenzo Trojan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all

I have a rather silly problem. When I set a title to a plot, all letters appear as greek symbols if one of them is, so for example the command:

> title('hello')

would produce the correct 'hello' title, but the title

> title('hello \alpha')

will produce the equivalent of '\eta \epsilon \lambda \lambda o \alpha' (without the spaces).

is this a bug or can be fixed somehow? If there is no quick solution I will simply edit the eps files after they are printed

I installed the octave 3..2 package from the main ubuntu reps.

cheers
Lorenzo