dsiplaying messages immediatelly

From: Dupuis
Subject: dsiplaying messages immediatelly
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 02:18:49 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
I've developped an application under octave to perform signal analysis. A
new value of the result is printed every 5 seconds.
I always work inside an Emacs windows, everything runs fine. I've setup the
same script as a stand-alone application for a student, launched through
xdg, so he gets a launcher on his gnome desktop. The script is executable,
and first line is #!/usr/bin/octave
The initialisation phase runs OK, but he gets no display at all, until the
script is cancelled: everything thus appears, but piped through 'less'. He
works as a user in a pristine environment, if I try the same program under
my session it just runs fine. I suppose there is something to adjust in
environment variables, but what ? Any idea ?

Regards

Pascal