Linux environment variable question

From: David Aldrich
Subject: Linux environment variable question
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:13:59 +0000

Hi

I need to run a function under Octave that requiries two filenames as
parameters. The parameters must be full paths, but the paths are long, so I
want to specify part of the path by an environment variable. However, I can't
get the syntax right. Here is what I do:

$ mypath = 'home/myname'

$ octave -q --eval "fprintf('%x', RegressionTest($mypath + 'filename1', $mypath
+ 'filename2'))"

but this gives a syntax error in the path.

What would be correct syntax please?

Best regards

David