Re: Plot - Different colors

From: Liam Groener
Subject: Re: Plot - Different colors
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 23:31:33 -0800

On Feb 2, 2010, at 2:08 PM, rizesimoes wrote:

Hi user's

There is a temporal series and I must to colorize it, in some parts of the series I need to after the ploted color. Is is possible to accomplish that in octave?

I'm admittedly guessing about what kind of thing you are trying to accomplish. But, assuming I'm right, it will be easier if you can use markers alone rather than a line plot. The following script is an example. I defined an arbitrary function to define your time series. Then I assumed you wanted to plot in blue if the absolute value of the variable is less than 1, in green if greater than 2, and red otherwise:

t = 0:.1:10;
y = sin(t).*exp(.1*t);
ind1=find(abs(y)<1);
ind2=find(abs(y)>=1 & abs(y)<2);
ind3=find(abs(y)>=2);
plot(t(ind1),y(ind1),'ob',t(ind2),y(ind2),'or',t(ind3),y(ind3),'og')

Liam G.