Re: Octave User Interface

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Octave User Interface
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 19:15:30 +0100

Am Dienstag, 2. Februar 2010 13:16:50 schrieb Brad Ochocki:
> Hello,
>
> I am a long-time user of MatLab, and am trying to switch to GNU Octave
> because it is open source and, well, free.  I've installed the Windows
> Installer from Octave-Forge, and have Octave up and running.  However, I'm
>  a bit disappointed that the programme's user-interface is limited to the
>  Windows command line interface.  Are there any friendly GUIs that you
>  recommend for using with Octave?  Something that shows current directory,
>  command history, and a text editor in a single package would be ideal.
>
> Cheers,
> Brad Ochocki

Dear Brad,

I'm not too familiar with the windows environment but you can give xoctave a
try. I guess you don't want to compile the development environment yourself
(otherwise qtoctave would be also an option).

http://xoctave.webs.com/apps/links/

You will find a windows installer there and some screenshots for windows on

http://xoctave.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=5929407

- mh