Writing C++ extension. how to use DEFCONST

From: Ze Ji
Subject: Writing C++ extension. how to use DEFCONST
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:42:47 +0000

Hi, all,

I have been trying the "CodaTutorials and CodaAdvanced" tutorials of writing extensions to Octave using C++. I could manage compiling the "matpow" example in "CodaTutorials".

However, with the macro, DEFCONST, creating constant values, I got the error of DEFCONST_INTERNAL was not declared. I tried to find DEFCONST_INTERNAL which is supposed to be in defun.h, but there is no such definition. I wonder if there is any recent update in octave, or maybe I did something wrong.

Also, how to create an object-oriented octave extension? Is it possible? I mean something like:
$ a = octaveobject();
$ a.properties;
$ a.subfunctions();

Is there any hint or examples I could use?

Many thanks.