Re: Netcdf-4.0.1 with Octave

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: Netcdf-4.0.1 with Octave
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:35:56 +0100

to Paida: no, octcdf is not able to use currently the new function
introduced in NetCDF 4. However, it can be compiled with the NetCDF 4
library, but you will not be able to use features such as groups and
transparent compression.

I'm of course open to  suggestions and help to include support to the
new NetCDF 4 functions.

to Joshua: in octcdf 1.0.16 (from svn),  the script nc-config is now
used to configure octcdf to include the hdf libraries. However, it
requires octave from mercurial because of the problem described here:

http://old.nabble.com/octave-3.2.0-parser-td23928800.html#a23928800
http://old.nabble.com/writing-ncdf-file-with-octcdf-td26238983.html

Regards,
Alex