Re: string dictionary class

From: coccoinomane
Subject: Re: string dictionary class
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 03:11:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jaroslev,

thank you very much for your reply. I followed your instructions and now I
manage to create dictionary entries. I started playing around and I managed
to redo all the cool examples you quoted in your first post, but two:

> gnusoft({"octave", "gcc", "octave"})
error: strcmp: nonconformant cell arrays
error: called from:
error:   /Users/coccoinomane/octave/general-1.1.3/__lookup_compat__.m at
line 40, column 13
error:   /Users/coccoinomane/octave/general-1.1.3/@dict/has.m at line 35,
column 7

> has(gnusoft, {"gcc", "bison"})
error: strcmp: nonconformant cell arrays
error: called from:
error:   /Users/coccoinomane/octave/general-1.1.3/__lookup_compat__.m at
line 40, column 13
error:   /Users/coccoinomane/octave/general-1.1.3/@dict/subsref.m at line
46, column 11

On the other hand,
gnusoft({"octave"})
and
has(gnusoft, {"gcc"})
work fine.

It seems the indexing of dictionaries with cell arrays is broken on my
machine.

Thank you for your consideration.

Cheers,

Guido

Please read the OOP basics in the manual to learn how to use user
classes. The dict class m-files must be in a directory named @dict and
this must be on your Octave path (or in current directory). If you
install the package using "pkg install", it will do things correctly.
But *don't* cd into the @dict directory, otherwise things will break.

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD