Re: SVD, EIG and CHOL of a matrix

From: Alberto Frigerio
Subject: Re: SVD, EIG and CHOL of a matrix
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 05:36:32 -0800 (PST)

Yeah Jaroslav, you were as usual completely right ... now my chol
factorization works!!!!

But I've a question about the eigenvalues/eigenvectors calculus. Since I've
a symmetric matrix, I undestood that it would be a good idea to
tridiagonalize it and I got it. Hence the beginning matrix and the
tridiagonalized one should have the same eigenvalues. But I can I found
them?

I tried to use to QR method, but I got some problems because it takes a lot
of time and, sometimes, I don't have the same values of the ones given by
the Octave "eig" ? Don't you know other algorithms I can use (maybe useful
to calculate also the eigenvalues) ?

Thanks,
   Alberto