Re: solving set of inequalities

From: Petr Korviny
Subject: Re: solving set of inequalities
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:56:18 +0100

As I mentioned above, I need to find out solution of set of linear inequalities
(to get values of variables x1,x2,x3,...) or to get an information of
nonexistence any such solution.

At this picture:
http://suzelly.opf.slu.cz/~korviny/zzz/octave/excel_solver.png
you can see utilization of Excel's Solver add-in I used to get solution of
viewed set. "alpha" variable is always set to a number <0;1>, so set of
inequalities is linear.

Finding a solution for this set of linear inequalities is only one step in the
process. I'd like to write it all as a script in Octave.

All tips and suggestions are welcome.  Thanks

Petr