Cumulative distribution function in octfiles (cdf, octfile, mkoctfile, b

From: Guido Biele
Subject: Cumulative distribution function in octfiles (cdf, octfile, mkoctfile, boost)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:54:23 +0100

Hi,

I would like to use cumulative density functions (CDFs) within octfiles.
Has anybody a tip about the best approach?

I am a total newby, but here are the alternatives i found:
- I could simply call the relevant octave function from the octfile (as
described here)
- I could call external C++ code, for instance from the boost library

Which one should I prefer. My thinking is that option 2, calling a function
from the boost library, should run faster.

Or are there alternative suggestions?

I'd appreciate any hints!

Cheers - giudo