Re: Integer and floating point types

From: George
Subject: Re: Integer and floating point types
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:28:55 +0000

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:

> We might still add integer matrix multiplication, despite the
> anticipated slowness. Division is out of question for obvious reasons.
> Do you have a real-life application for integer matrix multiplication?

Can't say that I have... Thanks for the explanation though, it makes
sense. Also, if I do change my data to reals, how much of a
performance increase would I get if I used single instead of double
precision? I know that I can run my own benchmarks, however you might
have some more general conclusions. Is there a similar reasoning
behind using double as the default type?