Re: Prerequisite software for Octave - fltk 1/2?

From: John Murdie
Subject: Re: Prerequisite software for Octave - fltk 1/2?
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:35:51 +0000

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 15:28 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 19-Jan-2010, John Murdie wrote:
>
> | It would be good to see the Octave FAQ section 7.1 filled out with a
> | table of all the prerequisite software that is required for each
>
> Maybe it would be better to add the list to the Octave manual instead?

Yes, certainly - to the manual's Appendix E "Installing Octave", I
presume; and then simply mention this in the FAQ.

> What system are you using?

I'm using Slackware Linux 13 for historical reasons. My basic builds
(with the BLAS, FFTW, CURL, REGEX, OPENGL, FLTK, FTGL and basic Linux
extras we happen to have) have worked fine; I'm just thinking I should
understand more about Octave's optional connections with other software
(GLPK, UMFPACK, ...) - to which I was alerted by the very useful
commentary at the end of the build from source. If I needed this
functionality, I'd have to get each of the extra packages and build them
as prerequisites, and at the minute I wouldn't know where to start!

Thanks for your reply,

John A. Murdie