Re: nessage 'undefined' when calling a function from inside another one

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: nessage 'undefined' when calling a function from inside another one
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 17:07:42 -0500

On Friday, January 08, 2010, at 08:25AM, "eddr" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Ben Abbott wrote:
>>

>> You'll need to provide more information.
>>
>>      Exactly, where are your functions?
>>
>>      What are their file names?
>>
>>      What do you get when you type "path"?
>>
>> If you functions fill name is "foobar.m" what do you get when you type ...
>>
>>      exist ("foobar.m")
>>
>> Ben
>>

>Thanks for the quick reply.
>1. my two functions are in two different files in some directory Netbeans
>created, but I tried to replace them anyway
>
>2. SVM_linear(X,Y,c) - works fine. SVM_linear_tester() - uses the former but
>gets 'undefined'
>3. when I type 'path'  get only the original Octave loadpath.
>If I hit addpath, then I get see 'path' includes the path I added, but next
>time I run Octave it's gone away.
>
>4. exists says my parameters are not defined..

To save your path for the next time you run octave, type "savepath"

I should have asked earlier, but what version of Octave are you running?

When you reply, please copy-n-paste Octave's path into your response.

Also tell us exactly where your files are located (what is there path).

Then copy-n-paste the result of 'ls("<path-to-your-files>")'

You might also attached the two files to your email so that we can try to
duplicate your problem.

Ben