R: octave in multiprocessor cpu

From: Riccardo Corradini
Subject: R: octave in multiprocessor cpu
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 14:20:35 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Carlo,
you could use openmpi_ext package on octave-forge.
It is a working experimental version tested on ubuntu 9.10 and debian sid with the latest octave and current stable version.
Have a look at the examples and instructions in
http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/extra/openmpi_ext/
and let me know it you find it useful.
You could also compile atlas and lapack to exploit the joint effort of the whole set of cpus
Respectfully
Riccardo Corradini