Re: nessage 'undefined' when calling a function from inside another one

From: eddr
Subject: Re: nessage 'undefined' when calling a function from inside another one
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 05:25:42 -0800 (PST)

Ben Abbott wrote:

> You'll need to provide more information.
>
>       Exactly, where are your functions?
>
>       What are their file names?
>
>       What do you get when you type "path"?
>
> If you functions fill name is "foobar.m" what do you get when you type ...
>
>       exist ("foobar.m")
>
> Ben

Thanks for the quick reply.
1. my two functions are in two different files in some directory Netbeans
created, but I tried to replace them anyway

2. SVM_linear(X,Y,c) - works fine. SVM_linear_tester() - uses the former but
gets 'undefined'
3. when I type 'path'  get only the original Octave loadpath.
If I hit addpath, then I get see 'path' includes the path I added, but next
time I run Octave it's gone away.

4. exists says my parameters are not defined..