save data in the hdf5 format and can not process the h5 file using h5top

From: thorneliu
Subject: save data in the hdf5 format and can not process the h5 file using h5topng
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 03:15:46 -0800 (PST)

   Hello, there!!
   I get some data in octave and i wanna save the data in the hdf5 format
which can be
processed by the h5utils in my Debian GNU/Linux.
   For example:
   E is a matrix in octave;
   >size(E)
  ans =

   221   221
 >save -hdf5 Eplane.h5 E
So, I get the file Eplane.h5 in my directory.
In order to test the data in this h5 file, I restarted octave
and load the h5 file.
 > load Eplane.h5;
 >who

And I think that the data is corectily save in the h5 file.

However, when i use the h5topng command in my shell
xxx$: h5topng -S3 -Zc dkbluered Eplane.h5
h5topng error: couldn't find data set in HDF5 file.

I got the error and i do not know what to do.
Is there anyone knows what was wrong ?
Thanks.

ps: I found that in my octave, using the save command in the following ways:
1. save -hdf5 output.h5 E
2. save("-hdf5","output.h5","E")
can lead to different results.
When i load the saved data files to octave
The first command will return me the right data type: matrix
while the second return me a data type: struct
 Is this normal ?