Re: ginput returns instantly

From: roumbaba
Subject: Re: ginput returns instantly
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:10:42 -0800 (PST)

also:
octave> plot(1:10); [x,y,k] = ginput(1)
yields:
x = 0
y = 0
k = -1

I am running aquaterm v1.0.1

Hi all,

I am trying to use ginput but can't seem to get it to work really. Here is
what I do:
If i type:
octave> plot(1:10); [x,y] = ginput(1)
then I instantly get
x = 0
y = 0

ginput does *NOT* wait for me to actually click on the plot.

I am probably missing something obvious but can't find what.
I tried both octave versions 3.0.5 and 3.2.3 (with the patches below).
I am running octave in os x 10.5.8 with gnuplot 4.2 patch level 3

Thanks,

Baba.