Re: Solving functional nonlinear equation

From: Jason Martin
Subject: Re: Solving functional nonlinear equation
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:31:42 -0500

Chang,

You might want to try the command backend("fltk") . I noticed a long delay while using GNUPLOT with some of my graphing as well, and this was one of the solutions that worked for me. I am putting the email at the end of this email in case you missed it previously. I tried it with the sample code below, cleaned up cause I was paranoid about the denominator subtractions:

x=linspace(.1,1,20);y=linspace(.1,1,20);[xx,yy]=meshgrid(x,y);
for a=[1.1,1.2,1.5,2]
    Dfxy=Hfxy(xx,yy);
    figure;surf(xx,yy,Dfxy);shading interp;fflush(1);
end

and it took almost no time for the plots to be created by fltk.

Jason