Re: Re:Solving functional nonlinear equation

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Re:Solving functional nonlinear equation
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 15:45:33 +0100

man, 28 12 2009 kl. 14:18 +0000, skrev Riccardo Corradini:
> I think you could write a c++ function that could speed up the loop (for end)
> (maybe seven times faster).
> Have a look at this
> http://octave.sourceforge.net/coda/index.html
> http://www.mathias-michel.de/download/howto-octave-c++.ps
> I think you could use feval inside the C++ loop to incorporate
> matlab/octave functions inside C++ extensions.. Have look at
> http://old.nabble..com/Octave-f1895.html and octave manual for
> examples on using feval.

In general it is true that you can speed up things by rewriting critical
parts of your program into C++. However, if all your C++ program does is
to invoke the interpreter (which is what 'feval' does) then I truly
doubt you'll see any performance gains. So, if you are using 'feval' or
'eval' extensively in your C++ programs, then you should probably
consider just doing your stuff directly in Octave.

Søren