Re: difficulty installing packages

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: difficulty installing packages
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:32:11 +0100

humanengr schrieb:
I'm having problems installing odepkg 0.6.7 for Octave 3.2.3 on a MacBook Intel Core Duo running Mac OS 10.5.8.

The steps I used are:

    1. Download the tar.gz to my Downloads directory.
    2. Launch Octave.app from the Applications folder on the desktop.
    3. Octave.app launches a UNIX terminal window in which Octave is initiated.
4. From the Octave prompt cd to my Downloads directory where the tar.gz resides.
    5. Enter the command, pkg install <package>.tar.gz, to install the package.

Installing odepkg generates a number of errors of the form:

/var/folders/Qo/QooORVOPFyOq4GbjvLBkWk+++TI/-Tmp-//ccutYpWQ.s:21942:indirect jmp without `*'

Hi,

these are not errors but warnings which come from the g95 Fortran compiler while compiling all the Fortran files that are part of OdePkg.

followed by:

warning: gen_doc_cache: unusable help text in 'dldsolver'. Ignoring function.

Another warning.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a work-around needed to install this package?

The question is if your installation has been succesful or not? Waht is the output of the Octave command 'pkg list'. Does ist say something about OdePkg?

Best regards

  Thomas