Re: global variables

From: Naveen Garg
Subject: Re: global variables
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:05:14 -0600

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:46 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 14-Dec-2009, Naveen Garg wrote:
| int parse_status;
| eval_string("global gvar", false, parse_status);
|
| I get:
|  error: eval: invalid use of statement list

Why don't you avoid the eval and just use the set_global_variable
function?  That's what it is there for.

I could not find a "set_global_variable".
I am already using set_global_value, but in order for me to have access to that value, i need to declare it global...
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Global-Variables.html#Global-Variables

> JH: be more specific
I would like access to the physical octave_value stored in the symbol_record for the global variables, so they can be manipulated directly ( I am working with large stacks of 2dimages (3d images) and will run out of memory if I have to keep copying all the images across the c api).

> provide detailed explanation, or (even better) send patches.
Once I figure out how to use symbol_record::def() and symbol_record::define(), I will do it myself, and possibly submit a patch.

Thanks,
Naveen