Re: how to calculate mean for many files

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: how to calculate mean for many files
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:00:36 +0100

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 7:46 AM, febty febriani <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sorry, I ignored your previous question. Really, my file name and where it
> is located are not the top secret :)
>
> I located my file in the folder name like :
> dir=/home/febty/Documents/data_PLRatu/2009/data-1day-1Hz/FFT, because the
> input file is the FFT result.
>
> my file name example is "freqspec-20090902Bx.dat. All files vary on the
> years, months and days, so I used bash command to make easy it.

then you should be able to do
filenames = glob ([dir + "/freqspec-*.dat"])

to get the names of your files.

> I read about glob, but I think it is not the built-in function.

You think wrong. "glob" has been available at least since 2.9.x. Just
try "help glob".

> Lastly, I used Octave 3.0.3. I didn't upgrade it to newer one because I am
> doing my work in the fedora-operating-system-computer lab. I am not familiar
> with fedora. I usually use Ubuntu.

Must be an older system. I think new Fedoras have 3.2.x. In any case,
Octave has little to do with what Linux OS it is being run on.

> Ok, that's all information :)
> Thanks very much for your kind response.

Sorry for not being kind. I guess I'm a little annoyed by people not
understanding obvious (to me) advices, not reading manuals (as if I
always do that) and asking questions in poor english (as if my english
was excellent) without giving relevant (for me) information.

Time to take a break, I suppose.

best regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek