Re: counting totals in square grids (meshgrid)

From: Isak Delberth Davids
Subject: Re: counting totals in square grids (meshgrid)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 07:41:52 +0000

I would like to use the boundaries of the x-y grids, such that for
example all numbers in the interval:

x=0 and x<1 & y=0 and y<1 are counted as the total count of say grid-1.1
x=1 and x<2 & y=0 and y<1 are counted as the total count of say grid-2.1
x=2 and x<3 & y=0 and y<1 are counted as the total count of say grid-3.1
.
.
.
x=n and x<n+1 & y=0 and y<1 are counted as the total count of say grid-n.1
.
.
.
x=0 and x<1 & y=1 and y<2 are counted as the total count of say grid-1.2
x=0 and x<1 & y=2 and y<3 are counted as the total count of say grid-1.3
x=0 and x<1 & y=3 and y<4 are counted as the total count of say grid-1.4
.
.
.
x=0 and x<1 & y=n and y<n+1 are counted as the total count of say grid-1.n
.
.
.
and so on. I hope that makes it a bit clearer ...

isak.davids
2009/12/14 Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden>:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Isak Delberth Davids
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> No, I would like Z to be the same dimensions as X and Y. How do I get
>> them to have the same sizes, and then to do the counting?
>>
>> isak.davids
>>

> Depends on what you need. You can use the centers of the x-y grid, for
> instance.
> For more precise answers I suggest you formulate the problem more precisely.
>
> --
> RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
> computing expert & GNU Octave developer
> Aeronautical Research and Test Institute (VZLU)
> Prague, Czech Republic
> url: www.highegg.matfyz.cz

FULL NAME: Isak Delbert Davids
LOCATION: mostly within 10cm of a keybord
CONTACTS: do not use contact lenses yet
FAX: still has a paper jam

"Views and opinions expressed by my person, are not necessarily true
--- they are simply my views and opinions"