Re: how to calculate mean for many files

From: febty febriani
Subject: Re: how to calculate mean for many files
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:55:59 +0900

For Jaroslav, I am sorry so much. I want to send my email to octave forum, not your email.

For everyone, below my problem.
I grabbed from my previous email.

###
I am trying to describe my problem clearer. I am sorry there is some misunderstanding with my description.
I have many files of data (total of files is about 365 files). Every file has 9 columns and 36 rows. How to find the mean of every row and column from files? For example :

the first file

1   1   2   3 ...  6
2  2   1    4 ... 5
.
.
.
3   4  2    1 .... 2

the second file

2  1   5   3 ...  2
2  1   1   2 ...  1
.
.
.
4   1  1    2 .... 1

for above sample matrix, I will get mean for every row and column is

1.5   1   3.5   3  ...     4
2    1.5   1    3  ...     3
.
.
.
3.5  2.5  1.5  1.5 ... 1.5

####

any kind of help is appreciated.
Thanks very much for your kind responses.

Regards,
febty

--

******