using oct.h header file

From: glenn.dabrera
Subject: using oct.h header file
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:20:56 +0800

Hello,
I'm a complete newbie, having just installed octave from the Fedora rpm repository.
ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/fedora/linux/core/linux/updates/12/i386/octave-3.2.3-2.fc12.1.i686.rpm

This is the rpm  installed, expecting the package to provide the header libraries in the correct directory.
However, I've searched for the oct.h file and its not there. I understand that sourceforge has optional libraries.
What am I missing ? I've re-read the octave docs on using octave in c++. However, either I don't understand it or I need another package ?
Please help. I would rather be pointed in the right direction to discover for myself if thats possible.
Thank you