Re: Directory Listing in Octave -- Recursion

From: Greg_G
Subject: Re: Directory Listing in Octave -- Recursion
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:26:08 -0800 (PST)

Here is a Windows-specific method of recursion using "system" and the "dir"
command:

patdir= (['dir /b /s "',<directory>,'\*.dat"']);
[status data] = system ( patdir, 1);

Unfortunately, the string variable "data" is a (1 x N) char array and has to
be split into strings based on the end-of-line character "\n".

Is there anything a little cleaner?