Octave Manual

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave Manual
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:20:27 -0500

On  8-Dec-2009, Junqian Gordon Xu wrote:

| Could the authors comment on the difference between the two books and
| recommend which one to buy?
|
| GNU Octave Manual Version 3
|
| # Paperback: 568 pages
| # Publisher: Network Theory Ltd. (October 23, 2008)
| # Language: English
| # ISBN-10: 095461206X
| # ISBN-13: 978-0954612061
|
| Gnu Octave Version 3.0.1 Manual: A High-Level Interactive Language For
| Numerical Computations (Paperback)
|
| # Paperback: 618 pages
| # Publisher: CreateSpace (March 20, 2009)
| # Language: English
| # ISBN-10: 1441413006
| # ISBN-13: 978-1441413000

The Octave manual is distributed under the terms of a free
documentation license.  The authors are not directly involved in the
publishing and printing of these manuals.  I have seen the one
published by Network Theory Ltd, because the publisher is kind enough
to send me a copy.  He also donates a small sum to the Octave project
for each book sold.  I don't know anything about the other.

jwe