Re: Porting Control Systems Toolbox from Octave to R

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: Re: Porting Control Systems Toolbox from Octave to R
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 15:59:13 +0100

Hi Jason

The main author of the control package passed away [1].

FYI: I'm currently working on a new, object-oriented control package for Octave
called control-oo [2]. You can download the package from this link [3]. Luca
Favatella (the maintainer of "control") and I intend to make control-oo the
"official" control package once the fix for an Octave bug [4] is included in an
upcoming release.
We think this step would offer substantially better compatibility to Matlab's
control systems toolbox for the average user. It would fix some long-standing
bugs as well ...
Probably there won't be any enhancements to the "old" control package in the
future. (At least I don't know any contributors interested in doing this at the
moment) This could be a viewed as a pro (stable codebase for your port) and con
("outdatedness", some bugs).

Regards,
Lukas Reichlin

[1]