Slow plotting on Windows [was: ]

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Slow plotting on Windows [was: ]
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 11:29:23 +0100

tir, 08 12 2009 kl. 09:56 +0000, skrev Bart Vandewoestyne:
> Can anybody help me out here, so that I can give my students a script
> that also gives fluent animations, even on Windows?  What is the
> general technique to do this?  Am i doing it the right way?

You are doing it the same way I would do it (except I don't understand
the 'hold off' at the end of your loop). My guess is that this is
related to the communication with gnuplot which I think uses pipes which
I've heard are quite slow on Windows.

If the Windows binary supports the 'fltk' graphics backend you can try
using that. Simply run

  backend ("fltk")

when you start Octave and see if that helps.

Søren