Re: Paste in Octave

From: LUK ShunTim
Subject: Re: Paste in Octave
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:23:18 +0800

David Grundberg wrote:
> John Placente wrote:
>> Sir, if I paste my commands on notepad, so i can edit it, how do I paste
>> it in Octave? (Control V does not function, and there is no provision
>> for paste)
>>

> I think you are looking for the editing functions in the Windows console
> window (i.e. DOS-box). They are available in the system menu.
> (Right-click the icon on the console's titlebar) I can't give you the
> exact name of the menu item, because I've only used the Swedish
> localization of Windows (It's called quick edit mode or something like
> that :). If you want to use the editing functions a lot, you can enable
> them in the console's settings.
>
> hth,
> David

Maybe you can try this alternative workflow. Use the edit command inside
octave. Look at "help edit". It says "edit mycode" will open mycode.m if
it's already in the search path or create it in your home directory if
it doesn't exist. Thought you may have to set your editor first if
getenv("EDITOR") is empty.

Regards,
ST