Re: Printing a figure as a png... This should be basic!

From: George Barrick
Subject: Re: Printing a figure as a png... This should be basic!
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:04:58 -0500

                       2009.11.23.13:04:51 EST

Hi Kristen (and octave folks),

      I've been using only the 'print' command
in octave-3.2.3 to do the kind of thing that
you need:

print(handle,"graph.png","-dpng","-S429,348");

I've trained myself to stay off the gnuplot
calls.  The octave developers keep saying
'gnuplot calls deprecated'.

It is likely that the 'handle' argument is not
needed when the current graph is the only one.

     I've been using double-quotes for the
arguments.  Again, I'm not certain that this is
absolutely required, but it works for me under
the CygWin/bash/octave environment with the
Xwin.exe version of x11.

     The last argument is how I force the
image exporter (I believe that this is
ImageMagick ?) to give my output image the
correct proportions.

      Try the 'print' call as above.  If it
does not work, then perhaps you have found
a bug.

George                   address@hidden