playaduio in octave 3.2.3

From: Adrian pamin
Subject: playaduio in octave 3.2.3
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 13:39:41 +0800 (SGT)

Hi,
Im a little new to using octave and GNU systems but there seems to be a problem with the playaudio() function in the Octave 3.2.3 patch. When trying to use the playaudio(x) the error "The system cannot find the path specified." I have tried this in a Vista and Win XP system yielding the same results. Below is the code used:

t = [0:1/8000:2]
sig3 = 0.8*sin(2*pi*3*t)
plot(t,sig3)
playaudio(sig3)

My friends and professor are stumped with this error as they can use the function without problems on a Linux and Mac OS. Is this possibly a Windows problem? would switching to a VM or dual booting help? Thanks in advance...