Re: calling octave from C

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: calling octave from C
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:58:14 +0100

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Judd Storrs <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:54 AM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Judd Storrs <address@hidden> wrote:
>> How can forbidding non-GPL python files be justified while
>> simultaneously allowing use of non-GPL m-files? How does the GPL
>> choose to favor one interpreted language over another?
>
> It doesn't. It's using the bindings that make the difference. At least FSF
> thinks so.

Doesn't any m-file executed through pytave uses the same bindings?

No, surely not. The m-file is just being passed through, it doesn't "know" anything about the bindings.

I see other logical problems with the FSF's position, but I think you should best ask FSF for clarification.
--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer