RE: PIV processing

From: Sven-Erik Tiberg
Subject: RE: PIV processing
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:39:10 +0100

Just a note.

When we made a PIV processing system back in 90-93 se:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/t912840551063848/,
we uses to ( after some imgage processing / frame ) set each frame to a colour.
The colours made it easier to visually track motion in the wather.

Used NIH-Image to track position of relevant particles ( size and shape
criteria ) and saved as cvs-files.
In next step we used a matlab similar program called IGOR to track path of
particles and plot velocity with arrows.

In case anyone are interested I can send the scripts.

Sven-Erik Tiberg
Lulea Univ. Of technology
Sweden