calling octave from C

From: Philipp Leser
Subject: calling octave from C
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:06:13 +0100

Hey;

I try to get the following done:

- I have a very large C program, which extracts data from an Oracle data base

- I want to pass some of the data to octave

- use my own octave function on that data

-pass it back to my C routine….

I tried to use google and the octave manual. I don’t think that mex files or oct files are the right tools to do that ( I want to call Octave from within a c-file). I have found quite a body of information how MATLAB handles these tasks (http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f15075.html)

Can this be done in Octave too? Are there any counterparts in octave to the matlab engPutvariable, engEvalstring and similar functions?

Any hints/links how to handle the problem would be welcome.

Thank you  very much in advance

regards